With offices in Bristol, Leamington Spa, London, Munich and Sheffield, Withers & Rogers are one of Europe’s largest dedicated intellectual property law firms. Established more than 130 years ago, we remain as passionate as ever about delivering the very best for our clients.
We’re now seeking an EP Grant & Validation Formalities Assistant to join our team on a permanent, full time basis working from our London, Leamington Spa, Sheffield or Bristol offices.
As the EP Grant & Validation Formalities Assistant, you will support patent applications, delivering a time critical, deadline driven service to both internal and external clients.
Providing key support to the EP Grant Formalities Manager and team, you will instruct French and German patent attorneys to prepare translations of the claims meeting the Rule 71(3) EPC requirements.
Filing French and German translations of the claims at the European Patent Office (EPO), you will pay official grant and printing fees using EPO Online Filing software, before reporting to, and invoicing, clients.
Additionally, you will also enter charges, prepare invoices and E-Billing, upload invoices and LEDES files to online portals and prepare grant estimates.
To be considered as an EP Grant & Validation Formalities Assistant you will need:
– Knowledge and proven experience of the Rule 71(3) EPC and validation procedure
– Demonstrable experience of communicating effectively with staff of all levels and clients
– A proactive approach to work and the ability to think on your feet
– Demonstrable experience of prioritising a heavy workload and managing time effectively
– Demonstrable experience of multitasking and forward planning
– Excellent organisational skills
– A track record of generating standard procedures and templates for repeat tasks
Knowledge of using Patricia would be an advantage but is not essential.
– Competitive salary
– Flexible working options
– Pension plan with employer and employee contributions
– Healthcare scheme
– Give as you earn scheme
– Group life assurance
– Employee assistance programme and plenty of wellbeing support
This is an excellent opportunity to strengthen your existing legal administrative experience with one of the leading intellectual property law firms in Europe.
You will receive a comprehensive induction, as well as excellent training and support from colleagues to enable you to hit the ground running, rise to new challenges and succeed in your role.