For many organisations, trade marks are amongst their most valuable assets. They enable customers to identify the source of products or services and are unique identifiers of the business.
Withers & Rogers has a leading trade mark practice. Our attorneys have considerable experience in advising on the selection, protection and enforcement of UK trade marks, EU trade marks and overseas trade marks.
We represent many prestigious and multi-national companies and offer strategic portfolio advice covering all aspects of trade mark management including:
- Trade mark registrations – a core part of our work involves filing applications to register trade marks and pursuing those applications through the registration process
- Handling oppositions, cancellation and other ‘with notice’ proceedings
- Providing opinions on the likely success of registrations and potential infringements
- Managing international brand portfolios
- Maintaining regular watching services
- Preparing trade mark licences
- Pursuing applications for certification and collective marks
Our attorneys are also experienced in instructing barristers and solicitors for court proceedings.