Withers & Rogers is hosting a series of interactive workshops on intellectual property and AI innovation in the US.
We have a limited number of spaces available for the workshops taking place in:
- Palo Alto on Thursday, October 24, 2019
- Boston on Monday, October 28, 2019
Running from 10:00 till 4:00pm including a networking lunch with other IP attorneys, we aim to improve your understanding of IP protection for AI innovation. The event will be hosted by our senior partner Dr Karl Barnfather who has over 20 years’ experience of obtaining rights in computer related technologies, and our AI and Machine Learning Specialist Dr Harry Strange who is a former deep learning researcher and university teaching professor.
In particular, we will:
- contextualise AI for attendees – considering 5 key elements of Machine Learning solutions in: algorithms; data; training; modelling; and applications
- brainstorm IP issues in AI innovation
- review European Patent law on computer-related inventions and contrast that with US practice
- landscape over 800 granted AI patents and EPO case law decisions across the 5 key elements of AI
- lead an interactive war game on optimising IP rights in AI technologies
The workshops are intended to demystify the IP process regarding AI and to help you to secure the value in your organisation’s AI innovation.
To maximise the learning opportunity we are limiting availability, so please contact Carly Williams (email@example.com; +44 (0)1926 310700) as soon as possible for more information on the workshops and to confirm your place.